17 February 2015

Chocolatey Spoons

When the temperature registers at single digits, all I can think of is staying in my pajamas under the sheets. But when I have to be outdoors on said days, I like to reward myself with chocolate.

This is a silicone mold that I bought on a trip to London a few years ago. It yields chocolate spoons used to garnish desserts.

All we need to do is melt some chocolate on a double-boiler.

When the chocolate chips have melted into this silky consistency, it's ready to be poured into the mold.

To minimize the mess, use two teaspoons to transfer the chocolate. Allow this to sit in the fridge for a few hours.

When the chocolate has hardened, time to release them from the mold.

Here's how I like my hot chocolate: not too sweet, served French style (in a bowl), and topped with a toasted marshmallow. 

A chocolate spoon on the side makes it extra special. I can take bites in between sips.

Or I can let it melt into the beverage for a double chocolate kick. TADA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!