06 August 2013

Providence

I promised you a few field trips this week. Today, it's off to Providence, Rhode Island.

I took a family trip there in late spring. It has always been on my list of "places to visit" and I'm happy to have finally seen it! 

It's a compact, clean and nurturing city. 

 There's a good mix of commerce...

 ...and history.

 Schools like Johnson and WalesBrown University...

make it a university town.

How lucky was I to have stumbled upon this gem of a craft store:

It's called Craftland

  
It's the same place where I found those pompom window decorations I mentioned three weeks ago.


What started out as an annual holiday craft fair is now a storefront that "celebrates all kinds of sparkly handmade objects and the people who make them." Isn't that TADA!? I wish all towns had a shop just like this one.

The covet-worthy merchandise is made by local artists from Rhode Island and crafters from all over the U.S.  You'll find everything from t-shirts, to jewelry, home accessories and stationery here.

It's also a good place to get souvenirs and gifts for friends back home -- they're one of a kind and supports local and handmade! 

The shop also offers craft classes, there's an on-site art gallery and if you're a crafter, you may be able to sell your items here -- check this out for details. You can also visit their blog.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!