18 April 2013

Scrabble Tile Necklace

Hello and Happy Thursday!


I think today is a lovely day to visit Brooklyn.

I stumbled upon this thrift shop in Williamsburg called Junk, and you know how much I love treasure hunting! Here are some of things that caught my eye:

Retro radios 


Vintage lamps for a dining nook  

Chairs with curious shapes
{I would love to turn these from blah to TADA! 
with a coat of bright paint} 

 Old baking tins and dessert molds that can be used as
food styling props

Berry boxes that I would use to organize craft supplies

I really wanted to take home this train case. It was still in good shape and I liked the patina that had developed on the leather. I would use it to store beauty tools like a hairdryer and curling iron. But I decided not to get it. It was quite heavy and our bathroom counter is much too small for it. {No regrets!}

 I did, however, take home some of these wooden letters.

Here's how I transformed them from blah to...

...TADA! 

I turned the Scrabble tile into a pendant. I attached it to a gold disc with super glue, then slipped it onto a chain.

Now I have an inexpensive but unique necklace that I can't wait to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!