20 September 2011

A Corsage for your Package


I take my own tote bag on shopping trips but
I still have plastic bags at home. I use them to
line our garbage cans...I know, there has to be
a more environment-friendly solution to this.

I set aside the most colorful ones.

They're awesome to turn
from blah to TADA!

This week, I'm turning them into
decorations for presents, like so:

Aren't they lovely?

Here's how you can make them at home:

Aside from the bags, you'll also need some cardboard
{I'm re-using these empty ribbon spools}, a stapler,
hot glue and scissors.

Fold each bag to make about a one-inch strip.

Staple one end to the cardboard and
twist the plastic bag into a coil.
As you do this, attach the underside
of the plastic to the cardboard using
a glue gun.

Here's what the coil will look like.

Repeat the process with another
plastic bag.

Now you have two!

If you still have space on the cardboard, add
another one or a few more coils or "flowers".

I think three is a good number.
{I had to trim the last plastic bag for it to fit}.

Add some leaves & some beads and trim any
cardboard that sticks out.

Then attach this to a wooden clothespin.
{I got a whole bag from the dollar store}.

Clip it like a corsage to brown paper packages,
to elevate them instantly from blah to TADA!

8 comments:

  1. Claire, that's a beautiful tada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty!!! I appreciate your comments & regular visits...hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ,,,cute "tada", i would love being the recipient of that embellished package,,,happy tada tuesday!,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rebecca! Happy Tuesday to you dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing, most of the grocery bags I get are tan will have to see if I can score some new colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay THIS IS SUPER IMPRESSIVE. Now I know what to do with all my plastic bags!!!

    Belly B :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to my blog Bessie and Belly B! Thanks for your wonderful comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute presentation of steps. Love it !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!