12 May 2014

Basking Under Cherry Blossoms

Happy new week, everyone! I hope you had a restful weekend and if you're a mom -- a very pampered one, too.

Today, let me tell you about a little adventure.

I thought I'd go on one because the sun was out, the breeze was cool, and spring's presence is finally legit.

I took the subway to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden -- it's that time of year when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. And after a really harsh winter, I was impatiently anticipating this day.

Pink trees! What's not to love?

Just like in Japan or Washington, DC people flock here to admire the miracles of Mother Nature. 

A stroll under a floral canopy.

Many taking pictures for posterity.

A beautiful place to chat and catch up.

Perfect for playtime and a picnic.

And that's exactly what I did...only to find out later that eating is prohibited and sprawling blankets are not allowed {because these inhibit grass growth}. Ooops. 

The view of my picnic spot. I can certainly stay here all day!

I brought along some artsy stuff. Then I began to sketch.

I tried to learn the nuances of these cherry blossoms -- how the flowers appear in clusters, that some branches dangle or crisscross each other; some even trying to reach the sky. Or when there's a gust of wind, petals detach and get carried away like they really intended to -- maybe to go off on their own adventure.

Oh yeah, I took along my watercolor palette. {Gotta keep practicing my technique}.

Here's what I made. TADA!

What do you think? Do they look like cherry blossoms? 

This painting and these pictures are my souvenirs of this fleeting season. I'm always hopeful that I'll see them again for many years to come, while welcoming the possibilities of a new page in life's chapter.

Have a good week, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful this Cherry Blossoms <3 *-*

    nice greetings,
    Lena (http://makeedelicious.blogspot.de/)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!