06 May 2011

Roller Coaster


We made it to the end of the week and
I myself can't wait to start the weekend.

But before I do, here is a final idea
to turn old cork from blah to TADA!

Here are coasters my husband owned when he
was a bachelor. We still use them for everyday,
but when we have friends over, we break out
the leather ones or the ones made of glass
that we received as presents. {Not really
to show off, but when else would
we use them, right?}

I thought these coasters made of cork
were becoming too blah.

So with a needle and some yarn,
I turned them into TADA!

I think these are ready for sun-shiny weather
and outdoor meals.

Oh by the way, here's another TADA! idea
for blah wine corks:

Roll excess thread or yarn around each cork and
put these in a box. For current sewing projects,
use the end as a pin cushion. This keeps
needles sharp and also prevents accidents.

Happy weekend folks and to all the moms
out there -- HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

4 comments:

  1. Those look great! I'm surprised that the cork doesn't "split" when you sew in/on it.

    Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Maryann...the cork was quite cooperative. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!