04 May 2010

Light & Bright


Happy Tuesday Everyone!

It's all about bottles on my blog this week.

If you love wine, I know you've got a
lot of these blah empty bottles!

Look at what the geniuses at Anthropologie did:

TADA! The bottles found second life as
garden lights.

The bottom of the bottles were taken out,
bulbs were added & then attached to
a string of electric current.

Fabulous!

Here's another cool one found at

A wine bottle chandelier!
(last two photos courtesy of Pottery Barn)

Beautifully constructed and makes for
a great conversation piece in any
dining room.

On my mind right now:
(1) I wish I had thought of these ideas, and
(2) I want one of each!

Have a great day!




10 comments:

  1. nice!!!
    i have a lot of empty bottles;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I saw this was in a restuarant about 10 years ago. I thought it was the neatest thing I ever saw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Elisabelle & Danielle! Thanks for coming over today :) Aren't they the coolest thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an amazing idea! I had never seen this!! happy day Claire darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nuit! Happy day to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been to the Bottle Houses on Prince Edward Island a handful of times - always amaze me! http://www.bottlehouses.com

    He's built houses, a chapel, garden walls, a bridge, and benches. So beautiful! My mom has been saving wine bottles and wants to do a wall around her garden like he did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that it in the PB catalog..very cool! Makes me want to have a rustic farmhouse eat-in kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love these. I wish I was handy with wires, tools, etc., because I would definitely try this at home.

    Thanks Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christina -- thanks for the link! I'd love to visit Prince Edward Island someday. It's over the top!

    Hello Good Girls Studio! Pottery Barn rocks!

    Hey there Reese...I think any of us can make the bottle lanterns... we just need a gadget to trim the bottoms off :)

    Glad you like these Nini!

    Thanks Girls for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!