16 December 2009

Bag of Tricks

This week on blah to Tada!, we're giving new life to paper bags -- plain, printed, old, new, big or small!

I love Whole Foods because they really encourage shoppers to carry reusable bags. If you happen to forget to bring your own, they have bags (made from recycled water bottles) for sale for $0.99. But if you don't wish to pay, they have these paper bags. This holiday version is particularly cute!

Too cute that I wanted see how many Tadas!
I could get out of one bag.


Tada! No. 1: A little gift bag for jewelry, make-up or
even a small device like an MP3 player!


Tada! No. 2: Festive gift tags.

Won't it look adorable on a present wrapped with
recycled things like packaging paper & old ribbon?


Tada! No. 3: Mini cards with matching envelopes.

Tada! No. 4: A decorative envelope that can hold a gift card!

Tada! No. 5: Gift bag decorations.

Even Martha Stewart will agree that this is a "good thing".

Add this to a fabric gift bag to encourage the recipient
to use the bag again.


Suggest ways to reuse it by writing on the tag: "Reuse this bag for your jewelry" or "Reuse this bag for your school lunch".

Tada! No. 6: Turn it into a cone for food gifts.

Add goodies like popcorn, truffles, peppermints
& small cookies!

29 comments:

  1. Claire! How did you think of that many things for one bag? The gift tags and holder for my popcorn are my favourites :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waow! I really like this post! You are so inventive. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Adriana! Glad you like these goodies -- I really had to stretch my imagination :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jeanette! So happy you enjoyed these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply amazing Claire, can't believe everything you did with that bag!!! love the little pop-corn bag, too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, This post is amazing!!! I LOVE IT!!! I hope you don't mind, but I'm totally sharing your post on my blog when I get a moment to work on it.

    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire you are just too clever! I love every one of your bag ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just genious! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness so many fun and clever ideas. You are mega creative Claire! All these ideas are really great!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there Nuit, Susan, Ashlee, SarahMartina and Kara! I'm giddy all over from your comments :) Thanks so much! Please try this at home -- you'll be very proud of yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Who knew so much good could come from one bag!? Way to reuse, Claire! :) I think my favorites are the little tags on twine and the mini gift card holder!

    PS Please stop by my blog and leave a comment on the latest post - I'm donating a can to charity for every comment left!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is fantastic! Way to reuse! I'll never look at a paper bag the same way again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks you for stopping by today Christina and Good Girls Studio! Your comments inspire even more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You were SO creative with that paper bag! No one would ever know what it used to be either.
    Love the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh hi Fallon! Thank you for your sweet note :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, Love, LOVE this weeks theme!!! Amazing job! They all look great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable and I love your materials!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously Claire; you're a genius! Is there ever a day where you get stuck and can't think of anything? I want inside of your brain!!!! I'm off to rip up all of my paper bags :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am new to your blog and HOLY HOLY! You got some talent girl! (And by "some" I mean a whole lot of AWESOME!) Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Cindi! Thanks for saying hello :)

    Thank you Roxanne! I must admit, there are days when I get "crafter's block" :) I know your paper bags are ready for their make-over!

    Welcome to my blog Bink & Boo! Thanks for visiting and leaving a sweet note (blush). Please come by again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You got all of those out of ONE BAG? Awesome! I want to make something out of mine now. I have one from when I forgot a reusable bag.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for stopping by AwesomeVegan! Can't wait to see what things you're able to create from this bag!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is way too clever. So many things out of one little bag. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So happy you like the ideas Melissa! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I cannot believe the mileage you got out of that one bag! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!